Dads get a lot of credit (rightfully so.) They have their own holiday and they always get the biggest piece of meat at the dinner table. But too often, brothers gets overlooked – they don’t get anywhere near the kind of recognition they deserve, and that’s a damn shame.
Ok, a moment of honesty… Our relationships haven’t always been peaches and creme (you know how kids are.) Now, we’re closer than ever.
This Elite Daily article says it all: http://elitedaily.com/life/culture/14-ways-growing-brothers-makes-stronger-woman/918079/
17 reasons why I think big brothers are irreplaceable:
- You can always count on them (advice, laughs, anything really.)
- They’re protective (sometimes too much.)
- Don’t break my heart, they’ll find you (and probably kill you.)
- They have good looking friends.
- You learn how to fight and defend yourself at a very young age.
- If you get in trouble with your parents, brothers are always solid allies.
- They shut down creepers immediately.
- They will always be honest and tell you how it is (even if it’s not what you want to hear.)
- They will always defend you.
- If you need to talk about a weird bathroom problem, he’s your dude.
- Toilet humor doesn’t make you squeamish.
- They’re your biggest fans.
- They’re wealths of knowledge (they’ve already been there & done the next thing.)
- They’ll eat your scraps when you have no room left to finish your plate.
- You really and truly know the meaning of a “love-hate relationship.”
- You may not always see eye to eye, but no matter what, they’ll always have your best interest at heart.
- They’re like your own personal super heroes.
Seriously though, the list is endless…
There’s no buddy like a big brother & I’m lucky enough to have two.