Three cheers for the red, white and blue!
Are you lacking inspiration for your Independence Day BBQ? Look no further, because thanks to Pinterest, I’m full of fun last minute ideas! Even better news – they’re all quick and super easy!
- Bean bag tossing with a little 4th flair. As one of the most popular lawn games across America, it’s only appropriate to incorporate this into your day! A little wood and paint will go a long way. Follow the link below to find out how they did it! http://charlesandhudson.com/stars-stripes-bean-bag-toss-boards/
- Red, white, and booze. The options are endless. Listed are my personal top 3 favorites! Follow the links for recipe details.
- Star spangled sangria! http://simplyswider.com/star-spangeled-sangria/
- Blue vodka lemonade! http://www.topinspired.com/top-10-4th-of-july-drink-recipes/
- Layered jello shots! What’s a party without jello shots?http://www.tipsybartender.com/blog/2015/6/17/7dtt4hiyr1kx1e20o8tqjtyc5laj5k
- Painted lawn stars. Ok, this is an awesome idea. If you think otherwise, well… you’re just no fun. This is fun, fast, and patriotic! All you need is a piece of old cardboard with a star cut out and red, white, and blue construction marking spray paint!
- Condiments galore. If you can get your hands on some old-fashioned mason jars, fill them with all of your popular BBQ toppings. These would include lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, relish, BBQ sauce, mustard, mayo, and ketchup. This is not only cute, but also easily refillable! Put them in a milk crate or something similar to keep them together! Maybe add an extra jar for bacon, because who doesn’t love bacon?
- Center piece central. Candles or flowers? You can have it all! All you need are a few mason jars and a little paint! Here is my favorite!
- Calling all mommies! Looking for a way to keep the kids busy? Keep them occupied with this fun scavenger hunt! Follow the link below to get your free printable! http://www.moritzfineblogdesigns.com/2014/06/4th-july-scavenger-hunt-kids/#_a5y_p=1814165
- Ice ice baby. Looking for a fun way to keep your drinks cool? Tired of the old beat up cooler? Throw some ice in a wheel barrow for a chic rustic feel! You can have a barrow for each drink (beer, wine coolers, soda, etc.) and make signs so people know what’s what!
- Photo booth. Grab a prop and strike a pose! Set up a spot in the house or out in the yard, for people to take pictures. This is fun for the whole family. If you’re feeling fancy, create a hashtag and have everyone upload their photos under your chose tag!
Wishing you all a fun and safe 4th of July weekend! xo